Checkmate the opponent’s King
This variant is founded on the idea that a piece can change in other piece depending on the colour of the square.
- VIOLET change a piece into a ROOK
- VIOLET = A ROOK
- BLACK = A BISHOP
- ORANGE = A PAWN
- RED = A KNIGHT
- WHITE does not change the piece
The BoardThe playing surface is made of a 7 x 7 board with 8 non-board squares coloured SILVER with cross.
The rules of FIDE chess apply except as noted below.
- Upon entering a YELLOW square, any piece , except a King, changes into a QUEEN
- A VIOLET square changes a piece into a ROOK
- A BLACK square changes a piece into a BISHOP
- A ORANGE square changes a piece into a PAWN
- PAWNS do not promote on the last rank except in accordance with the above rule and do not have a initial double-move. There is no castling.
- Check and Checkmate as in orthodox chess